Friday, January 13, 2017

Long ago on the Olympic


It has been far too long since I thought about photos. I have aspirations of designing a website, of getting my current work into public fora, and of pursuing a little bit more commissioned work (headshots, family photos, etc. [hire me!]). So, it's pretty much just the beginning of another year.

I'm 10 months in arrears on updates here. That takes me back to a splendid march day on the Olympic peninsula. Bad Starbucks coffee. Delightful coffee stand espresso. The Hoh rain forest, where crisp water rushes past vibrant green ferns, and trees are eternally shrouded.


The Hoh rain forest, where Melanie smiles in the rain.


Not so far away, one can find beaches, such as those at La Push. Time is short; if any time on the beach is wanted, it is imperative that one run there, in order to not let the light die before arriving at the inevitable log-jam that forms the mouth of the mile or so of trail separating the road from the Pacific.


La Push: with seastacks.



La Push: where waterfalls spill into the ocean.


La Push: and then we went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment